SENIOR PORTFOLIO MANAGER with BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Senior Portfolio Manager is responsible for the management of client portfolio assets within their established investment objectives and the firm’s investment strategy. This position’s primary responsibilities include investment management, client service and support of business development efforts.
Business Development Responsibilities
1. Prospects for clients in a New Business Development capacity by sourcing and building own pipeline of clients and opportunities.
2. Demonstrates highly developed sales, client contact and relationship management skills.
3. Earns referrals from clients, 3rd party advisors (e.g. Attorney, accountant), and other Center of Influence.
4. Required to satisfactorily complete all required compliance training and comply with all regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, that apply to the scope of the position.
Portfolio Management Responsibilities
1. Manages a series of investment accounts, typically with large, complex or sensitive relationships.
2. Invests and manages client assets in accordance with their investment policy statement and company strategy guidelines.
3. Complies with established investment policies and procedures including annual account reviews.
4. Keeps current with knowledge of new investment strategies and products through internal and external research and through regular contact with other industry professionals.
5. Deepens client relationships by providing regular contact through frequent personal, written, or telephone communication.
6. Frequently engages with the internal wealth management team and outside advisors to ensure effective communication regarding client matters.
7. Works with the wealth management team to develop new business through expanding existing client relationships or by meeting with prospects, including preparing and presenting proposals for investment management.
8. Mentors more junior members of the investment team.
9. Serves as a member of the Investment and Trust Administrative Committee.
10. Provides community leadership and is directly involved in various community activities.
11. Required to satisfactorily complete all required compliance training and comply with all regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, that apply to the scope of the position.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree specializing in accounting, finance or business or equivalent work experience. MBA Preferred.
2. Six (6) to eight (8) years of experience in various forms of portfolio and asset management.
3. CFA designation is a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Extensive knowledge of financial markets, investment vehicles, performance characteristics, strategies, and general investment terminology.
2. Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work in a changing environment.
3. Proven customer service orientation.
4. Technical expertise in the areas of security evaluation, portfolio construction and performance measurement.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to relate well to High Net Worth clients and their advisors.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Legacy Trust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.