For Immediate Release
Contact: Bill Walker
Legacy Trust, 616.454.2852
Mary Ann Sabo
Sabo Public Relations, 616.485.1432
Legacy Trust Celebrates 10th Anniversary
Grand Rapids, Michigan, January 28, 2014 – A decade ago on Feb. 4, the New England Patriots had just won the Super Bowl, two new elements were added to the periodic table and a little company called Facebook got its cyber start.
Closer to home, Legacy Trust opened its doors as one of West Michigan’s only chartered banks focused on providing investment and wealth management services to individuals, families, foundations and non-profits. Led by William Walker, the firm set itself apart from its competitors from the outset by offering highly personalized financial solutions tailored to meet the unique family situation of each client and exceptionally responsive client service.
A decade later, Legacy Trust is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a yearlong series of special events, client gatherings and volunteer activities. The celebration begins with a team-building event for the 15-person Legacy Trust team on Feb. 4 and wraps up this fall with several events that are currently in the planning stages.
In keeping with its commitment to giving back to the community, Legacy Trust has pledged to volunteer at least 150 hours over the course of the year. The first of those will be on Feb. 5 when 10 team members plan to pack sack suppers at Kids’ Food Basket.
The company is also relaunching its website on Tuesday. Built with responsive design, the new site automatically adjusts its presentation to the user’s browser, whether on a smartphone, tablet or laptop. Legacy Trust is also launching a blog to showcase its community involvement, company news and perspective on market trends, investments and estate planning.
“I am extremely proud of all that Legacy Trust has accomplished over the past decade,” Walker said. “When we launched the company on Feb. 4, 2004, our goal was to provide unparalleled wealth management and financial advice in the region delivered with a true focus on the needs of the individual or family. This recipe has resonated with our clients, who not only have remained with us on this journey, but have fueled our continued growth by referring their friends and colleagues.
“I credit the Legacy Trust team for believing in this vision and supporting it with their hard work and dedication. They are second to none.”
Legacy Trust milestones reached over the past decade include:
- Crossing the $500 million mark of assets under management
- Expanding geographically by adding new clients throughout West Michigan
- Strengthening the 11-member board through the recruitment of seasoned business professionals
- Growing the team through the additions of experienced investment advisors and specialized support staff
- Launching a Family Office division, securing one of West Michigan’s leading families as an anchor client and providing highly customized wealth management, charitable giving and other services
- Investing in technology to ensure clients have safe, secure access 24-7 to their investment portfolios
- Giving back to the community through the support of non-profit organizations, including the Grand Rapids Symphony, Kids Food Basket, Ronald McDonald House of West Michigan, Gilda’s Club and Family Promise
- Establishing the Legacy Trust Award Collection, a competition now in its fifth year and open to adult artists with disabilities that enables them to enter ArtPrize
“As we said in our 2012 Annual Report, we have an extremely bright future ahead,” Walker said. “We see tremendous opportunity in our core market and other areas for continued profitable growth. While we are planning this year’s anniversary celebration, we are already looking forward to the next 10 years – and beyond.”
About Legacy Trust
Legacy Trust is an independent, locally owned, Michigan-chartered bank that specializes in providing investment and wealth management services to individuals, families, foundations and non-profits in West Michigan. Legacy Trust delivers highly customized financial and investment solutions tailored to meet the unique situation of each client. For more information, visit us at www.legacygr.com.
# # #